lunedì 17 giugno 2013

RICK OWENS PER ADIDAS

On the heels of Isabel Marant for H&M, comes news of another exciting high-low designer collaboration: Rick Owens is designing a line of running shoes for Adidas, WWD is reporting.
The line will include six styles for men and four for women. The shoes will stick to one silhouette, but be available in a range of fabrics and colors–and by colors, of course, we mean mostly black, grey, white; materials will be a combo of leather, suede, nylon, and canvas
Prices will be solidly between the two retailers’ markets, at $400 to $500 a pop–a bargain, considering Owens’ basketball shoes sell for around $1,200 to $1,600. The collaboration will debut June 27 during Owens’s menswear show.
The reason behind this collaboration? For sure introducing Owens’s designs to a whole new audience but also for a more personal:
“I work out like a fiend but I hate, hate, hate cardio. I realized I’m in my fifties now and I need to do something for my heart and lungs. So, I’ve got to start running,” Owens explained to WWD. “I thought to myself, ‘What shoes am I going to wear running?’ I can’t wear my big chunky basketball shoes–I’d look like a dinosaur running through the Tuileries.”
Owens decided he needed a cool-looking running shoe he could actually, well, run in, and called up Adidas. A collaboration was born.
“I’m not great at collaboration–I get too anal, too detail-oriented and impatient. It’s very innocent on my part–I’m not trying to provoke anyone but it ends up being a mess,” he told the trade. “But Adidas is a classic brand and it reminds me of Eighties hip-hop. They just have an authentic, old-school realness that appeals to me.”

Sulla scia delle fashion collaboration e dopo Isabel Marant per H & M, arriva la notizia di un altro emozionante binomio: Rick Owens ha progettato di una linea di scarpe da corsa per Adidas.
La linea comprende sei modelli per uomo e quattro per donna. Un’unica silhouette, declinata però in una vasta gamma di tessuti e colori, che  variano dal nero, al grigio, al bianco; con combinazioni di pelle, camoscio, nylon e tela.
I prezzi saranno il perfetto punto di incontro tra i 2 brand: dai $ 400 ai $ 500 (un affare considerando che le sneakers di Rick Owens costano circa  $ 1.200!). La collaborazione debutterà il 27 giugno durante lo show Uomo di Owens a Parigi.
La ragione di questa collaborazione? Di sicuro l'introduzione di Rick verso un nuovo pubblico, più street e sporty, ma esiste anche  una motivazione  più personale:
"Mi alleno come un demonio, ma io odio, odio, odio il cardio. Mi sono reso conto che sono vicino ai Cinquanta e ora ho bisogno di fare qualcosa per il mio cuore e per i miei polmoni. Così, ho iniziato a correre ", Owens ha spiegato a WWD. "Ho pensato a me per la realizzazione di questi modelli, 'Che scarpe voglio per correre?' Non posso certo indossare il mio modello da basket ..."
Owens ha deciso che aveva bisogno di una scarpa da corsa dal look cool  ma che fosse anche funzionale allo sport: ed ecco che è nata la collaborazione con Adidas.
"Io non sono facile “nelle collaborazioni”, sono troppo orientato al dettaglio e molto impaziente”ha commentato. "Ma Adidas è un marchio classico che mi ricorda l’hip-hop e l’old-school degli Anni Ottanta": sarà un successo sicuro!

b&h

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento